Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Dinner

What's a Holiday Dinner without some Holiday music? (This may help you better understand my family...)


Cheech & Chong - Santa Claus And His Old Lady .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Some families have a Christmas Ham. Others a Turkey with all the dressings.

For my family, Christmas is more like a short order holiday. The men-folk like steak. The nursing mother likes milk/soy/wheat/gluten/taste-free spaghetti. The kiddos like ice cream cones. The baby peas.

And this year my mama found what looked like a delicious spinach lasagna recipe for the meat-free crowd. Me.

On paper, the recipe couldn't be beat. On the table.... let's just say my otherwise fabulous-cook-of-a-mother has prepared tastier butter toast. Mean? She's the one who said she wanted to throw the whole pan away!

Anyway. I say anyway about as much as I say "Like."

But anyway. I packed the leftovers up & brought them back to my test kitchen in the hills.


And with a chop, chop here, and a bag of mixed vegetables there. And of course enough garlic & red pepper to make the neighbors think I'd been cooking all day, dinner was served. But this time my mama's spinach lasagna resembled something more like a pasta & vegetable bake and tasted like JB had come to town for a visit.

That said, JB, when can we expect you for dinner?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails