Friday, January 1, 2010

New year, same old...

I finished a few things last night but wasn't able to show you because we were running out the door for our New Year's pajama party.  Unfortunately, there was tequila. 




For our kind host who just had her gallbladder removed, a little reminder of what she lost.  I thought this variegation said "I am a putrid organ that needs to be removed," but she said her surgeon let her know it was actually pinkish tan.  Eh, better luck next time.  The bell is because it's a Christmas ornament, and the hanger is recycled from a pack of socks.  Seemed like a good idea at the time. She asked for a knitted organ every year for Christmas, and luckily this pattern provides for just such a tradition: http://www.strangebuttrewe.com/GIpattern.htm.

And this year I get to meet my nephew, Liam, who will be done cooking in April.  The first version looked like this - unfortunately, instead of reading the pattern, I was paying attention to Extract.  What a boring movie and sad looking monkey hat.



Extract-free (at last!) I read and then modified the directions to get even bigger ears...but I sewed them too close to the top of his head.  Oh well, guess it'll be a teddybear hat. 



Made my resolution for the year - I'm going to lose 10 pounds.  BF said he is going to gain 8.  I'm sure you can see where this is going. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails