Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait

Last week my sister, my BIL, and I ran around the house packing hospital bags, folding baby clothes, and making sure everything was ready for the arrival of little Liam.

And now, we wait. 

In the interim, I've been trying to keep busy. 

I made some shortcake.


I made a new web banner (see above). E and I are fans, but we're very open to your comments.


And I made a Laurel Love Cocoon...unfortunately the intended model has not yet made an appearance, so we used the next best one.

Yep, it's a fit!

Melissa's pattern suggests bulky yarn and size 13 circular needles.  But we all know I can't follow a pattern.  I used just shy of 2 skeins of Peaches n Creme (in Sea Mist, in case you're wondering) and size 8 circulars.  I cast on 70 instead of 40, and it's 8.25 inches wide (measured with my ribbon bracelet).  Success!

Now, time for more waiting, and if I'm lucky later, maybe some Guinness. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails