Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yarn Cozy

I don't know about you, but I get really overwhelmed looking into a bin full of different colored yarns of all different materials.  And the idea of putting your hand into that - my goodness - softness overload!

So I like to cover each skein of yarn I acquire with a little yarn cozy.  I use acrylic yarn - not just for the squeak factor - but also to ensure that moths won't eat them up.  It's bad enough that they could eat all the yarn. 

Today I covered this little ball of cotton cheapness. 

Oh, boring beige - let's zoosh you up a bit.

To make your own cozy, grab an "I" hook and enough acrylic yarn to snuggly cover every skein in your stash.  This coozie is worked in the round.

Ch 2
Row 1: work 10 dc in 2nd chain from hook
Row 2: 2 dc in each dc
Row 3: (dc, 2 dc in next dc) 10 times
Rows 4 - 9: dc in each dc
Row 10.  sc2tog all the way around, fasten off.

Gently shove each ball of yarn into its new home.  


 Now doesn't that look great?

Oh, and one more thing - APRIL FOOLS! 

While you're in the mood for jokes, take a moment to check out the Martha's joke reel or check out some cozies with irony from a 2008 craftster.org challenge.   

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails