Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sack Suki

Although JB had a crafty West Virginian summer, I got very little crafting accomplished. Actually, I did a bit of de-crafting.

After a nasty baby-related incident, I had to put Zander's Monkey through the wash. Unfortunately, he jumped from the sanitize cycle much worse for wear. Of course, Zander still loves him!


But today, after a lovely hike around a moss-green lake, the babe took a 2 hour nap, the hub was out building a garage and I pulled out my sewing machine. JB sacrificed her sleep the night before she left WV & stitched up a stupendous sack for herself. I loved it so much, she left it behind. The best purse ever has been pathetically hanging on the basement door ever since she left, waiting for a liner. Because Queen Brown forbid me from carrying it until it had a liner.


Today, it got a liner.

I believe JB found the crochet pattern @ the Future Girl Craft Blog, http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/2008/8/no-time-for-love-dr-jones.aspx.
And I definitely found the liner pattern there. I used to hate pattern sewing, and to a certain extend I like to think I still do. But with time limits & baby-induced insomnia, patterns are the best thing that ever happened to me! http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/2008/1/tutorial-sew-lining-for-crocheted-bag.aspx.
The fabric came from JB's private stash. I can only dream of finding fabric this fine on the clearance rack!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails