Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Block Heads


Magazines are the best medicine for my sleep-deprived creative slump. They tell me everything the little munchkin has to have to fit in... in... in to his swine flu induced solitude. I rip out the page. Fold it up on the high shelf where the little monkey won't eat it. And whenever there is an un-characteristically long nap... snap, craftin' with no brain power required.


I want my baby to be super-smart, and since JB left town, I figured I'd have to help shape his little mind. So, I figured I'd make some puzzle-type animal blocks that spelled out the babe's name...


Do you know how long that nap would have been to make enough 6" x 6" blocks to spell out that oh, so long Russian name? I fear the worst when kindergarten rolls around...


Anyway, so I skipped the letters & just made some puzzle blocks. I used some of the left over flannel that JB left for just such a project, and made up my own little safari animal patterns.

And, yes, my darling, that is a string hanging from the corner. How would anyone know I made it if it didn't have thread hanging all over the place?

I was going to stuff the little creatures with fiber fill... but the lumps, oh the lumps. I almost just threw them down to the basement for JB to finish next time (if ever) she comes back. And then I headed to JoAnn's to check out the foam... And at $57/yard, I again figured they were headed to OK.

But after a 50% off coupon & some remnant haggling, and I got enough foam to make at least a dozen blocks...

If only nap season begins... Gotta go, I think he just woke up...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails